Re: psubs "flame war" secret

Hi,

The gentleman, whose name now escapes me, went ballistic over a
comment I made about keeping the topics psub related. He had great
ideas but to read one sentance of psub related material you had to
read pages of material. Some of it funny. Some of it off the wall.

Then he threatened law suit if we didn't delete EVERY THING he ever
said from the archives. We tried to explain that archiving material
at web sites was a normal process but he took that to mean that we
said "no". At which point he got ugly.

My life is too short to deal with such nonsense so we deleted his
material from the archives. And since no one really wanted to search
through EVERY piece of mail for that time period to delete anything
he wrote, we nuked a couple of months of material. If you look at
the archives and notice a gap, that is why.

Psubs really didn't get over the pall of bad feelings the episode
generated for months.

As for censoring that was per this gentleman's request.

Nothing is in place to prevent him from resubscribing. Though I hope
he grants us the same right of not sharing our material by not using
our ideas.

Everyone's material from that time frame is gone.

Regards,
Ray