bellows on batteries

<<I think you would require one bellows for each cell, a 12 volt battery
would require 6 bellows. Pumping air sounds doubtful.>>

<<Sounds interesting for the bellows, would the bellows withstand the
pressure
the recombination reactions would require?>>

One large bellows connected to on/off valve, connected to multiple hoses
connected to holes in batteries.  You shut off the valve during charging so
the batteries can become pressurized.  Would that work better?  Am I
understanding this?

Being a CS/EE I might add pressure transducers inside the hoses and the
bellows.  I'd have an alarm sound if the voltages on the transducers varied.
This would serve as a warning that I was descending without having opened the
valve.  Don't want the batteries to implode!  Might also have a warning light
come on if the valve was shut off.

Steve