Nuytco's DeepWorker

Hi, Steve:
        Thank you for your compliment on the DeepWorker 2000 model/replica
at National Geographic Headquarters - Washington, D.C.  As you know, it is
located (or will be) in the Explorers Great Hall - home for so many years
to a model of Cousteau's sub, the  diving saucer  'Denise' . . .pretty
heady company!!  Coincidently, I've been working closely, recently, with
Jean-Michel Cousteau to develop a 'signature' sub for his group 'Ocean
Futures'. Nice guy, J-M;  smart as hell, absolutely dedicated to the
oceans, and a great sense of  humor - that pretty much covers the bases, in
my book!

        It occurs to me that psubbers might like to follow along with the
adventures of the intrepid little DeepWorkers as they truck around the
country on the Sustainable Seas Expeditions (SSE)  Website:
http://sustainableseas.noaa.gov/missions/missions.html  This is just one
site of a number linked to SSE, but is a good place to start. The mission
logs are pretty good and you can look back at the archives . .it tells what
was happening on a day to day basis and is very much 'warts and all'   . .
.you can tell when a scientist is ultra PO'd 'cause the sub " developed  a
%$#$@!! ground-fault" and blew their dive! We have ( the imperial 'we')
made over a hundred dives this year, and have another two and a half months
left in the 1999 season ( Vance: if you're listening - we'll have a couple
of DeepWorkers in Florida ,for SSE, at the same time as we have one other
DeepWorker  in Boston. This will be in a few weeks or maybe sooner - call
Catherine for schedule - if the Florida vessel is porting at night , we can
probably arrange for you to kick the tires - let me know)  Sorry I didn't
post this website sooner, I didn't think about it . .The site is kind of
neat 'cause it updates every couple of days, so probably worth checking
from time to time.
Regards,
Phil Nuytten