Re: Subs in the NW

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999 22:18:06 EDT Rickoshea@aol.com writes:
>The sub is the Pierce Submersibles  PSV-2,built in the 70's as a
competitor
>to other subs made at the time.Just as everyone else was getting out
>of the business.It is a three man [small men] 1000 ft rated with diver
lock
>out.When I bought it it was in the Land Sea and Air  musuem on the USS
Intrepid
>in new  York City.It has been siting in Bellingham,WA for two years
waiting
>for the inspiration to change the entire  sub,saving the pressure hull.

Rick, if you're thinking about selling it, think about selling it to the
Virginia
Science Museum.   The Aluminaut is here, and I'm wrokign to connect
the Simon Lake research project to this Science Museum.   Another
boat would be welcomed, if I can nudge these folks.

I tried to volunteer to work on the Aluminaut, bringing it back to a
neater, less dusty, more seaworthy appearance, but the Museum
turned me down.

Michael B. Holt
Oregon Hill, Richmond, Virginia, U.S.A.