Re: Subs in the NW

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:47:20 -0400 Phil Nuytten writes:
>        Gadzooks! Competition for museum submersibles - who'd ever
thought
>we'd see that day!

LOL!

The little boats never made money in the beginning, but now, on dry
land, they'll make some.      I wonder if that's funny?

>We are hot in the process of final city council
>approval of the 'Deep Foundation' - here in the NW. So, I've being
looking
>for old subs that may be available - preferrably recognisable names with
>some  provenance -   that made some contribution to the field, however
>small- if psubbers know of any that may be around - plse let me know.

What I'd really like to do is to work up the plans of Simon Lake's first
boat.   Lake inspired the concept that became the Aluminaut, and to have
his first boat and his "last" would be quite a coup.   A full-sized model
was built a couple of years ago in New Jersey.   The chap who's setting
up Simon Lake's files, Jeff Lake, suggested I contact the builder (who
did
give Jeff a copy, but he can't copy it).   I've had no reply two months
after
my letter.   (Any ideas on how I might get those plans?)

Michael B. Holt
Oregon Hill, Richmond, Virginia, U.S.A.