Re: Insulation inside the sub

In a message dated 99-07-07 10:08:01 EDT, Dick Morrison wrote:

<< Now if you are diving in cool water in a insulated sub and you want to
 remove the excess heat and humidity there are ways to do that too. You can
pump
 the outside cold water through a internal cooling coil that has a fan
blowing the
 air through it. I cool my house this way with 45 deg water from the near by
 stream. Or if you don't want to pump the cold sea water through a coil you
can
 use a sealed device called a heat pipe. It uses Freon and gravity to transfer
 heat from the inside fan coil to the water outside. It don't use any power
other
 than the fan inside and you are probably running it already. >>

Would aluminum heat sinks firmly attached to the inside of the hull, where a
fan could blow on them, accomplish the same thing?

Gene S.