Re: to bail, or not to bail, that is the question.

VBra676539@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/9/99 2:13:05 AM, shawl@torchlake.com writes:
>
> << I can't imagine why anyone
> would want to... lets say take down a 100' rated sub in 300 feet of water as
> there is not much of anything to look at in mid water. >>
>
> I'm afraid the HBOI folks are going to disagree. They have always done
> mid-water studies, and made stunning discoveries. In very deep water, I might
> add. It is a wonderful sensation to be adrift in the sea, and to be the only
> alien life form. Everybody else you see BELONGS there, don'cha know? Point
> being that mid-water work is, in fact, quite common for the biota sniffers,
> and it is usually done above big deeps to sample critters in the non-coastal
> environments of the deep ocean. And then there are all those military guys
> and gals, jamming around at 400 to 1000 feet with 10,000 feet between them
> and bedrock ....
> Vance

Yea Ok, I think we are both right. I was narrow minded and thinking only of the
shallower freshwater lakes around me.
And I was thinking more along the lines of P-subs not Military subs. Heck yea,
they have to stay in mid water to avoid hitting things like 36 foot cats or
P-subs and the bottom when closer to shore. And mid water ocean life is more
plentiful than the fresh water around here.
Still I have no good reason to take my sub out on a dive in over 300 feet of
water as I don't have all the features of a Nuclear sub or a million dollar
research sub.
Jon Shawl