Re: ADMIRAL ON DECK - PLEASE READ

Hi Luise,

Well, I did already comment on this issue. Check my mail:

	Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 23:57:32 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
	Subject: Re: psubs "flame war" secret

I had spent hours composing as polite and non-critical letter as I could
suggesting that the purpose of this group was to discuss Psubs. The response
was completely all out of proportion to my mail. Culimating in the threat
of law suit if every comment that this person ever made was not deleted
from the archive.

The threat of law suit was aimed at ADR in general and at ME in particular.
I was singled out I think due to several things.

1. I was dumb enough to think it was a great idea that everyone should now
   where everone lived. The idea was that the Psubers close enough to others
   could pool talents and resources. So I had stated where I lived and this
   person knew my name and where to located me to target a suit against me.

2. I was bold enough to state that the purpose of this group was to discuss
   Psubs. Granted I am occasionally guilting in sending what I might think
   as humorous mail, but this person was taking the group way off topic,
   taking others with him.

3. I was the defacto web master so I was somehow the man to target a law
   suit against.

This episode was personally painful. I always knew the threat of being sued
over some advice was possible if someone got hurt. But over politely stating
the purpose of this group was to discuss Psubs!!!????

I almost left the group. I am sure if I did at the time the web site would
of died as well. The only reason I stayed on was the hope that things would
blow over and get better. Now a bad wound is being openned up again. Ouch.

As for comments that I have been silent on this issue. I was on vacation and
could only log on briefly to read the 400+ psubs e-mail messages in my
inbox. Sorry I didn't happen to find the ones in particular to this issue
and reply... wait a minute, I did reply, look at the above email reference.

As for Jon Wallace's position. Yes, it is worded strongly. He is probably
just as tired of this issue as I am.

Please the purpose of this site is to discuss Psubs. Can we get back on topic
and drop this thread. Please.

Thanks,
Ray