Re: info request

Hello Tim,

One publication I found particularly useful was an article by a guy named
"Pool" who published in the Human Powered Vehicles Journal. He published an
article about human powered Subs. How to calculate speed, control surfaces
etc.

I still have the article somewhere in this office but can't find it at the
moment. Search the web for the human powered Subs and you will find a
reference to it. If you can't find it, I could scan a copy of the article and
send to you assuming it's not copyrighted.

My Sub was based on making it as fast as I could with the means at hand and
was based a lot on the construction and methods used to make the human
powered Subs.

Good luck and welcome,

Ken Martindale

PS It is easy to get discouraged and only dream about the Subs. This Website,
I found was very useful when I got to the slow going parts of making my Sub.
I hope Ray continues his efforts. (Thanks Ray).

Also do you have to worry about chipping away the ice to launch your Sub?

<<