Riley Aquasub (was: Typhoon)

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999 14:24:26 -0400 "Allan Gaines"  writes:
>>Please do.  It may have been brought back in.  They were the ones who
>>covered that nifty trimaran sub.  The amas (pontoons) remain on the
surface >>while the centre hull (cockpit) sinks down about 4 ft.

>    I'm *pretty sure* the plans are available at:
>
>    http://www.rqriley.com/

Yeah, the plans are still available.   I bought them, years ago.

I didn't build it because it came to me that the floats wouldn't be
as obvious as they need to be around here, with the loonies
blasting along the surface guided by beer.

It seems counterproductive to have a semisubmersible that
has to have surface support.

Along this line, though, has anyone thought of building a Williamson
Photosphere?   All it is (was) is (was) a barge with a tube down to
a sphere.   In the sphere is seats to watch the bottom go by.

A couple of guys named Williamson built it in Norfolk VA at the turn
of the century.   In 1916 they had a big one in the Bahamas; they
filmed the first version of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

When I read the book by one of the brothers, my first thought  was
that Norfolk waters must be a lot murkier now than then.

Mike Holt