Re: Cheap Thrills Dept., Civil War submarine section

Mike here in Malaysia,
Funny thing I came across. I downloaded a "Tom Swift" story from
Project Gutenberg, and the story was about an underwater vehicle he
designed (well, actually his father did), It was propelled by iron
plates at the bow and stern where the bow was positively charged , the
stern being negatively charged. This sounds like Hunley's idea, with
the motive power provided by electro-magnetic principles, i.e. water
conducts electricity and opposites attract, thereby pushing and pulling
the submarine thru the water at great speeds.
:)}}}} (long beard with a smile)
FWAFS
Mike