Reply to Jon's message concerning "design team"

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:34:42 -0400 Jonathan Shawl writes:
>Thanks Ray for the advice and for this site! Like others I have met
>and made my best internet friends here.

I must agree with Jon on this point.    (Except that the women seem to
be elsewhere on the Internet. . . . )

>I don't intend to cause a split, but rather I see it as a branch or
>bud as the P-sub tree grows.

That was my view.   PSUBS continues and is the forum and resource
 for all psubs stuff, and the design team posts progress reports and
asks questions through PSUBS.

>If a sub is ever built?  I was thinking it would be more like a learning
>experience for the ones involved and then if a person learns enough he
>can use the basic ideas and customize it and build what he see is the
right sub
>for him.

While a complete design may very well result from all this, I see the
major
contribution being to the understanding of the process of design and an
education into the trade-offs required.

>As far as a leader goes I think Mike Holt and I can share that part as
>we seem to connect ok on the side. Right Mike?

I think so, Jon.

I certainly have the time to commit to this.

>And I have the web site room for it. I will keep you all up to date as
>I make progress on it.

Let's go for it.

>Thanks again Ray and Jon for the P-sub site.
>May it grow some more!

Hear, hear!

I'd raise a toast, but I'm not sure whether to drink battery acid or
paint.
Well, it'll have acrylic ice cubes, whatever I drink.

>Now I'm off on vacation :-) but gone from the computer :-(

Enjoy, Jon!

Well, all be here when you get back.

Mike Holt