Re: Obtaining Propane Tanks

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:57:18 EDT SJSVOB@aol.com writes:
>Here's a transcript of my first phone conversation trying to obtain
pricing
>on a propane tank for a psub.  (I know, I know, I shouldn't use a
Propane
>tank and I should follow Kittredge's design, I know better now, but
>here's  the conversation anyway)

[snip]

OK, that has me still laughing.

You didn't happen to record it, did you?   It would make a great file to
have on a website . . .

The salesman was really upset by the idea, wasn't he?   I wonder
if there's a liability problem perceived there?
I suppose we need to think about that sort of problem.

I'm reminded of the quote from the 19th century:  "No one but a fool
would build a submarine boat, and only a lunatic would go down in
one."   (I've not been able to learn who said it.)   The salesmen was
obviously a believer in that.

Mike Holt