Sources of pressure hulls (was: Obtaining Propane Tanks)

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999 13:00:30 -0500 (CDT) Nathanael Henderson
>   I'm still in the 'idle contemplation' stage (waiting for a suitcase
of
>money to appear) but I think tank manufacturers would be a good place
>to start.

Ever enter the Lottery?

Are not most tanks built to a standard of some sort?   I'd think there's
be rules and regulations for plastic bottles intended to hold spring
water; a container for bug spray would be quite closely limited in
its characteristics.

>I live by the philosophy of 'speak no evil' when it comes to odd
>projects.  Don't tell anybody what you want it for.

I learned that when I was a teen.

Fortunately, it seems that no one ever believes anyone other than
*their* teen will do something really outrageous.

>    A truly ambitious person could try to find an abandoned bulk tank
>(used for propane, CO2, anhydrous ammonia, etc.) left by a business
>going under.   The largest useable ones I've seen were about 12'
diameter
>and about 100' long.

Speaking of this, I heard of a man who'd rebuilt a milk truck into a
wheeled power boat.   He was on his way around the world with his family,
last time I saw anything about it (in 1996).    Why not use something
like this for a really big one?   At this point, of course, you've
reached
that stage of development that might result in use of plans to older
submarines, practically unchanged in some respects.

Mike Holt