Re: Screw size and speed

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 17:43:44 EDT VBra676539@aol.com writes:
>His name is Harry Bryan. I'm building one of his Alice designs. Have had

>several notes from him. The power fin you mentioned is a flexible
plastic
>number that swings side to side with the tip flexing more than the base
>form a sort of hydro-foil. He loves it. Uses one on a little canoe in
the
>quiet backwaters.

Back when I was sketching out that mobile diving bell, I also drew the
basics of a flexible paddle.   At the time, I wanted to use it on a sub,
but the mechanical linkages of four or six paddles moving simultaneously
to drive the boat . . . well, you can imagine the complexity.

Would Harry Bryan's scheme work, if it were mounted all around the
hull of a submarine?

(What's his address?     My daughter wants a canoe, and his system
might attract her attention.   Thanks.)

Mike Holt