design team budgets

Psubs' Design Teams,

With the psubs design teams being formed
up, what is driving the design?  .....
affordability, technology, depth of
dives, one or two people, speed, new
manufacture or used propane or
minesweeper cable aluminum tanks?

Suggestion:  Is it possible for the list
members to:

1. See all of the subs of all members on
psubs.

2. Find out how much they actually cost
to build in materials and purchased
labor.

3. Get an honest evaluation of each
member's sub's performance without a big
flame getting starting about calling
someone's "baby" ugly or the performance
of a "brick".

4. Someone tell us what really is the
practical depth we beginners should try
to achieve and is "real" and not jive.
(100 ft.? 200 ft.? 3,000 ft.?)  If more
depth, why?  Depth vs $$$ ratios.

5. Try to decide how much the psubs group would try to budget a basic, no frills,
yet working and safe personal
submersible.

I feel that if this is not done first,
nothing will get done that will be worth
the time and trouble of forming the
design teams.  I'd really like to get Jon Shawl, Phil, Vance, Richard Hess and
other "working subs" owners to provide
pictures and their estimated costs to
build.

Does this make sense to anyone else?  Ray and Jon W., I know this psubs is your deal and I'm not trying to cause any trouble.
Jack

__
http://www.go.com