"GingerFish" Psubs' Weapons

>From: Phil Nuytten <72020.572@compuserve.com>
>To: "INTERNET:personal_submersibles@psubs.org"
><personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
>Subject: Robot-Fish Psubs (was Re: Screw size and speed)
>Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:09:10 -0400
>
>Hi, Axel:
>         Re: >Can you move your legs enough to swim the EXOSUIT<  Yes.
>Slower than a conventional diver, but nearly same range of hip/knee/ankle
>motion.
>
>Regards
>Phil Nuytten

Tommy, Phil & Axel,
Thanks for the sites on robotics.  I've always had a great interest in the
$6 million dollar man series and "NO" not for "that" reason.  I learned to
fly my dad's RC aircraft and gliders as a little girl and it's great.  Too
bad there isn't an RC sub in the hobby shop for you to build, Tommy.  Just
thinking about the robot-pike with the servos and tendons.  If the thousands
of years of propulsion is fine tuned for the fish species, why are the
whales, dolphin and killer whale species using the horizontal tail in motion
instead of the vertical tail in motion?  I will assume the fact the whales,
dolphin give live births.  But then, so do sharks.

Speaking of Korts, imagine a robotic four tail device with 90 degree (square
nozzle) with opening and closing power tails that come together in a pumping
action.  Talking about "g" forces, it's hard to believe the pike produces 8
g's of acceleration and far exceeds the propeller.  I have experienced
several "g's" during my sailplane lessons and embarrassed my instructor
after we landed and I told the tow plane pilot that his partner had just
show me my "g spot".  I just stared at him innocently, with no expression.

I love riding wave runners and I can just see what the new "robo-fishy" wave
runners will look like in ten years from Japan.  It will sure surprise the
spearfishing types with just a hawaiian sling!

Can you imagine a school of nuke tipped "robotunas" (800 pounders) breaking
near the surface of the Russian fleet or bottle nose dolphin robots jumping
the bow wave of PRC warships and then "Boom" as the crew is taking pictures
of the stealth dolphins!  Or a bionic whale with singing sounds swimming up
to a "boomer" and then it explodes.  Green Peace would go completely crazy
trying to save the "whales".

It's going to happen.  Even as late as Vietnam, when I was born, who would
have ever thought soldiers like Saddam's Republican Guard would throw down
their weapons and do a mass surrender to the USAF's RPV's during the gulf
war?  Cyber needle fish schools used to neutralize the Navy Seals as "fish
grenades" via a satellite IR armed and triggered logic weapon.  My dad is
into wild imagination too and bought me my first GPS and cell phone in case
my sis and I ever got into trouble on a trip or vacation.  Maybe I'll buy an
ELT, except hikers aren't allowed to set one off, I'm told.  Big fat fine!
It's better than being dead.

How about nuclear kelp? <grin>  OK, I'll stop now!  Thanks for your
invitation to Tommy, Vance, very kind of you.  I haven't seen any recent
postings Tommy, my sister and I also know some karate (open hand) defense
arts and graduated through 5 class steps so far with blows, kicks and throws
and it keeps your muscles firm (sore) and figure trim as does my scuba and
yoga.

And, Al Secor, no sick jokes about three "new" dive sites off of Martha's
Vineyard.  My sick humored friends here at work already know that one.

Back to work,  Bye, Ginger