[PSUBS-MAILIST] 2013 PSUBS CONVENTION

Jon Wallace jonw at psubs.org
Sat Aug 24 01:54:00 EDT 2013

Hello fellow psubbers,

Registration for the 2013 Convention is now open at
http://www.psubs.org/convention/2013  or follow the menu,
www.psubs.org -> News & Events -> Events & Meetings

Please Note:
1) The registration fee includes lunch during the technical sessions on
Sat Oct 5 as well as an amount to help reimburse travel expenses for
attending submarines.  Lunch is a deli buffet where you can build your
own "submarine" sandwich.  Salads will be available for the vegetarians
in our group.  We have been provided two adjacent but separate rooms,
one for the presentations and another for lunch.  I need a final count 7
days prior to the event so please register early.

2) We will have a computer projector available for presentations. If you
own a projector and can bring it with you for use as a spare we would
appreciate you doing so.  If you are a presenter, please bring your
presentation on a USB or CDROM...MS PowerPoint or similar Open Office
document is preferred.  Need help?  Ask Scott Waters or myself.

3) Submarine diving on Friday OCT 5 will occur on the Bay side of the
islands.  The water is fairly shallow at about 6-10 feet and historical
data shows a water temp average between 82-84 F (28.5 C).  Visibility at
the same time last year was reported between 50-70 feet on average.
Observers will need to rent boats which average about $250/day (plus
fuel) for 6-8 passengers.

Much more to come.
Jon