[PSUBS-MAILIST] 2013 PSUBS CONVENTION

swaters swaters at waters-ks.com
Tue Aug 27 10:32:36 EDT 2013

Can I get a head count who is staying for Sunday activities at the convention? I think we are talking about scuba diving the USS Speigel Grove.
Thanks,
Scott Waters

Sent from my U.S. Cellular© SmartphoneJon Wallace <jonw at psubs.org> wrote:
PC2013 Current Agenda

REGISTER at http://www.psubs.org/convention/2013

Thursday, OCT 3, 2013
1) Hunting down local submarines.  We'll start the day visiting Mermaid
II at Florida Sea Base and then tracking down the iconic Diver Down
submarine that has been relegated to "lawn ornament" status for decades
in the Keys.  As a predecessor to the K250 it will be interesting and
educational to see the changes George Kittredge made in the evolution of
the K250 design.

2) Next we travel through a historical vortex at the "History of Diving
Museum".  This looks like an interesting visit and we have been provided
a discounted entry fee of $9 per person.

3) We travel upstream to Key Largo and visit the Jules Undersea Lodge.
You've seen it online and dreamed about opening your own to escape that
9-5 corporate world.  Now you'll visit the actual site and witness this
world famous lodge first-hand.  Amazingly, it sits very innocuously at
the end of a residential neighborhood.

4) Meet & Greet.  We end the day at a pub where we can sit casually,
enjoy the island atmosphere, and acquaint ourselves with both old and
new friends.  Talking "shop" is encouraged.

Friday, OCT 4 2013
Submarine diving is the game today.  We will launch at the far end of
Islamorada and head out into the Gulf of Mexico to witness submarine
diving.  Observers will need to arrange sharing the cost of a rental
boat and fuel.  Estimated cost will be $50/person. Bring a
mask/snorkel/scuba and witness operations from the water. Projected
water temp in October is 83-86 F.  Also bring food, beverage, sunscreen,
sunglasses, and hat!  We will be out all day (or at least a good portion
of it).

Saturday, OCT 5 2013
Technical Seminars.  We have a full line-up of speakers presenting
topics from submarine project updates, to LED lighting, to manipulator
arm design.  Lunch is included in the registration fee. See the website
for more detailed information.

Sunday, OCT 6 2013
A travel day back home for many, but if you are planning on spending
additional time in the keys you can join Scott Waters for some SCUBA on
some of the beautiful reefs and/or wrecks in the area.

REGISTER at http://www.psubs.org/convention/2013