[PSUBS-MAILIST] Stability & Buoyancy

Michael Holt mholt at ohiohills.com
Mon Dec 2 11:35:30 EST 2013

On 11/25/2013 1:49 AM, Phil Nuytten wrote:
> Good one, guys! I wonder how many times I've used that simile in pro
> manned-vehicle lectures in various parts of the world -- a lot , for
> sure. . .and it never fails to get a laugh and then a nod of
> understanding.
In 1998 I found that someone had called using ROVs "hunting for coins
from Zeppelin the dark."  I'll see if I can find the whole thing.  (I
wrote a short paper comparing ROVs and manned submersibles, for a class,
and found that the teacher's husband was an engineer who had spent his
life promoting remote sensing of all sorts.)

Mike