[PSUBS-MAILIST] Flush Mount Valves in MBT's

Joe Perkel josephperkel at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 7 22:28:08 EST 2013

I should add that my roof comment reflects my circa 1925 flat roof!

Joe

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 10:20 PM, Joe Perkel <josephperkel at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Vance,
Flush mount meaning that the valve body itself is within the
tank and flush with the upper surface. Since the body of the valve protrudes
down into the tank, I’m wondering about trapped air like rainwater on a house collecting
in low spots on the roof and not going down the gutter.
The question was prompted by my virtual but acurate construction of the as drawn K-350 in order to better understand it's workings prior to any real attempt at redesign. Im currently on the tubing diagram, but things like this prompt me to think ahead a bit.
I really really like the up high and straddled MBT set ups on the big guys like Alvin and JAMSTEC’s Shinkai with remote vents in each of the two tanks. I would want to emulate that very set up.
Joe