[PSUBS-MAILIST] Flush Mount Valves in MBT's

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Sun Dec 8 18:33:42 EST 2013

Joe
The valve you want is on ebay  ross series 27 remote controlled valve 1inch
the valfe is air powered and a very low profile if inverted.
Hank

On Sunday, December 8, 2013 4:26:39 PM, "jimtoddpsub at aol.com" <jimtoddpsub at aol.com> wrote:

Hi Joe,

I'm trying to keep the top of the MBTs as sleek as possible, so the vent valve will either be flush with the exterior or have only a slight bulge.  I can live with a liter or so of residual air, but I would like to minimize it.  The main reason is that it will compress to 1/3 of that at 100 feet and 1/10 at maximum depth.  It would certainly be nicer to have as little residual air as possible so you wouldn't have even that much change in buoyancy as you descend.  I have a couple of VBTs as well.

Two other design solutions are (a) taper the top of the MBT toward the vent, or (b) if the top of the MBT is flat, add just enough non-compressible material to the inside top of the tank to exclude an air pocket.  Taper it.  Syntactic foam would be great.

Yup, CAD is certainly the eighth wonder of the world.  I think the greatest benefit is being able to alter one number and have the recalc flow all the way through without having to redraw.  By the way, Wilbur only lived nine years after the first flight in 1903, but Orville lived to see operational jet aircraft.  He died in 1948.

Jim