[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. summary Pressure Hull

Alan James alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 21:01:46 EST 2013

Hi,
I'm not covering much in this section because if I started on construction
regulations, I would just be duplicating what was printed.
G.L. wants you to have manufacturer certificates for every non structural screw.
Any company you contract to do your welding has to have their facilities, personal
& supervision approved by G.L..
Some points of interest are.... hatches need to be opened from both sides, they need
to be able to be secured open, they need to be designed in a way that opening of the
hatch is only possible after equalization. Two measures are required to guarantee that
the hatches are closed & secured before diving; one measure is to be visibly noticeable.
Mechanical measures for stopping a banging of the hatch is required.
Any external through hulls are to be protected against damage by appendages or covers.
If you are doing calculations on a computer you have to prove that the program is suitable.