[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. summary Pressure Hull

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 14 15:36:47 EST 2013

Hi Vance,
Yes it is linear, it is a very smooth and gradual.  Everything spins freely.  I may have a bit to much grease on my thrust bearing also.
Hank

On Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:26:10 PM, Vance Bradley <Vbra676539 at AOL.com> wrote:

Linear meaning a steady increase in demand in parallel to rising pressure. If you have a low rise with a sudden increase somewhere along the line then you may have a component not working as it should.
Vance

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 14, 2013, at 3:02 PM, hank pronk <hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

Hi Vance,
>I did not have it in the sub so it was not hooked up to the amp gauge.  What do you mean by linear.
>Hank
>

>On Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:12:40 AM, Vance Bradley <Vbra676539 at AOL.com> wrote:
>
>How much did your amperage increase at depth? Was the load increase linear?
>Vance
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>On Dec 14, 2013, at 1:07 PM, hank pronk <hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>

>I just did a 1/2hr run on my new drive with the shaft tube full of water and under 500psi.  The seal works perfectly and there is very little heat build up.  I was surprised how much the motor pulls down after 200psi.  I assume it is from the shaft pushing into the thrust bearing.  Also I am running the motor on 12v because it spins to fast on 24 with no load.
>>Hank
>>

>>On Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:27:28 PM, hank pronk <hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>>
>>Vance,
>>Thank you, it only took me two tries to make the assembly and 5 tries to make the shaft.  Rookie machinist and all.  :-)
>>Hank
>>

>>On Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:36:27 PM, Alan <alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>Carsten,
>>Your friends in Hamburg wouldn't be happy with the get wet solution.
>>As an after thought on my ambient, I put a AOP valve above my
>>head & through the dome. It works the opposite way round, so that if
>>I dive too quick & the hull doesn't equalise, I get water on my head.
>>The hull is equalised with divers regulators so better to get wet
>>than the regulator diaphragm rupturing.  The manual operation of the
>>AOP let's me flood up to the top of the dome in an emergency exit,
>>as there may be too much force on the latches to open them with
>>air in the dome.
>>Alan
>>

>>Sent from my iPad
>>
>>On 13/12/2013, at 7:33 AM, " " <MerlinSub at t-online.de> wrote:
>>

>>If you have an over-pressure valve handle obstructing
the Alan
>>movement
of the hatch latch handle, it would need to be
>>spring
loaded or you would create the problem of the possibility
>>of diving with
the valve open later on.

>>Yes, and if you dive with a open valve
you get wet
>>learn to close it and learn to read you "pre-dive" checklist.
>>
>>:-O
>>
>>SL not required an blocking mechanism on the
hatch - just an
>>simple spring loaded automatic overpressure valve.
>>Because of the automatic there is no need to block the hatch.
>>The air
sound of the working valve is a clear signal not to open the hatch.
>>The
function of the valve should be anyway mention in the written manual.