[PSUBS-MAILIST] Windows

Jon Wallace jonw at psubs.org
Sun Dec 15 16:17:09 EST 2013

It looks like GL has similar wording, depending upon actual usage and
detailed testing agreed to by GL a service life extension may be
granted.  For the person desiring a certified vessel I agree new windows
would probably be a cheaper route unless you were very sure the existing
windows would pass the required testing. Scratches are a no-no however
so you really need to get them completely buffed out.  The heat produced
in buffing may justify annealing however if the windows were
manufactured to PVHO standards there's a lot of safety factor built in.