[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electrical Penetrators

Jon Wallace jonw at psubs.org
Wed Dec 18 11:44:46 EST 2013

See GL Section 11:D:8.1 and 11:D:8.2
Electrical pressure hull penetrations and underwater plug connections
are to be type approved.

A Blue Globe fitting wouldn't get approved without adequate testing.  I
don't see anything prohibiting multi-conductor cable however GL does
state that "Electrical conductors within the penetrating device shall be
of solid material" which I assume means you can't use stranded wire.
Seems strange to me but might be due to creep of water between the
conductor and insulation?