[PSUBS-MAILIST] Harold "Web" Maynard

Ray Keefer psubs2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 18:47:22 EDT 2013

Wow, the old guard is passing. We will miss Harold.

On Sunday, October 27, 2013 10:40 PM, Douglas Suhr <spiritofcalypso at gmail.com> wrote:

Jon, thanks for keeping us informed. It is sad to learn of the passing of a fellow submariner. I had read of Harold Maynard in Captain Kittredge's book and wanted to one day meet him. I see now that, like my chance to meet George, my opportunity to meet Mr. Maynard has come and gone. I am sure though that the stories and exploits of Lake Diver will live on.

Out of curiosity, what has happened to Lake Diver? Did someone purchase the submersible? I noticed that the long standing for sale listing on the site has been removed. ~ Douglas S.

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Michael Holt <mholt at ohiohills.com> wrote:

On 10/27/2013 9:37 PM, Joe Perkel wrote:

>I'm sorry not to have known him. I only knew of him.
>>
>>I'm also sorry I missed Islamorada.
>>
>>Life is unpredictable, no guaranty of tomorrow.

I find lots of fascinating persons when I read the obituaries.  There's gotta be a way to find them before they're dead.