[PSUBS-MAILIST] Printed Kort Nozzle

Alan James alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 7 22:01:11 EST 2013

Joe,
I was re thinking your idea of a printed Kort nozzle.
There are printer kits for $900- that would do the job.
http://www.3dstuffmaker.com/

The ABS printer cable I've seen selling for about $1- an ounce.
The $899- version in the above link could possibly be big enough to print
the nozzle in one shot. If not then print it in sections & glue together.
My idea is to print the nozzle hollow with an egg shell wall thickness & fill it with
a fiber reinforced epoxy resin. The resin may need a few pours to allow for contractions
in the resin while setting.
Maybe under $30- in materials.
I am not at the point where I need this & neither are you, but I think this idea still
holds a lot of promise.
Regards Alan