[PSUBS-MAILIST] Printed Kort Nozzle

Alan James alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 00:03:47 EST 2013

Hi Alec,
It would be a matter of putting as much fiber in with the resin that the
form would enable. With the kort nozzle, the nozzle shape would allow
for a thick mix, but the struts might not.
A bit of experimentation would be required.
If you back lit the printed shell you may be able to see the resin as it fills it,
& be aware of any air voids. Again with the thicker mixes you could ram rod
them down with a flexible piece of plastic rod.
One concern is that epoxy shrinks when setting, (but not as bad polyester)
& so the shell might need to be filled in a coupe of pours to stop it damaging the outer shell.
Alan