[PSUBS-MAILIST] Props for Korts

Joe Perkel josephperkel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 09:35:36 EST 2013

Pete,

Sent files from my Hotmail account, yahoo blocked me.

Joe

On Monday, November 11, 2013 6:19 PM, Joe Perkel <josephperkel at yahoo.com> wrote:

Jon,

Looks good thanks for the space.

I did a little reading while on a break this weekend out in the sticks. It turns out that 3d print technology, specifically .stl files, are particularly sensitive to what are called "naked edges" or "non-manifold edges" in CAD speak. These will cause the print to fail.

Well, those thread holes in my files are full of these edges. So, anyone wanting either a machine-able or printable file for manufacture, can either manipulate the file themselves to remove these threads, or have me do it in a minute or two. The Kort profile itself is also scalable to varying prop sizes as required, again, I'm happy to provide anyone with the appropriate files as required for any particular application.

This was an enjoyable exercise. I'll pick another project soon.

Joe