[PSUBS-MAILIST] Printed Kort Nozzle

brian brian at ojaivalleybeefarm.com
Tue Nov 12 12:46:40 EST 2013

Not sure if this could help with design of 3-D printed Kort nozzel:
Enter the  Splash Lab at Brigham Young University, where researchers are trying to figure  out how to prevent urinal splash-back. Fluid dynamics scientist Randy Hurd and  his graduate adviser, Tadd Truscott, created a model of the male urethra   on a 3-D printer — a cylinder measuring 0.31 inches by 0.12 inches (8  millimeters by 3 millimeters). The urethra was attached to a pressurized  container with tubing. The team sent a steady stream of dyed water through the  tubing at a urine flow rate equivalent to that of a middle-age man, or about 0.7  ounces per second (21 milliliters per second).
couldn't resist
Brian