[PSUBS-MAILIST] PDF navigation charts

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 22 21:17:11 EST 2013

Gamma restoration progress.
Under the advice of Chesterton seal experts, I have decided to upgrade my shaft seal to a 155 Chesterton cartridge seal.  The 155 seal is rated for 600psi and cost about 1,700 taxes in.  The original 891 seal is now out dated.  This upgrade was a big effort, I have spent the entire week machining parts for the conversion.  I took this opportunity to change the motor mounting system.  The motor was directly coupled to the propeller shaft.  Now the motor is coupled to a shaft that has the seal on it with its own bearings.(took three tries to make it perfect)  That shaft is then coupled to the propeller shaft.  This change allows me to change to any motor without playing with the seal arrangement.  Converting to diesel electric becomes very easy now if I decide to go that rout.
Last week I fabricated the first parts to make the arm jettison.  I have completed the  hydraulic penetrator and the hydraulic sheer to cut the hydraulic lines.
I am off work until April  so I can continue the restoration project uninterrupted.  Well maybe a trip to Hawaii when it gets real cold.
Hank