[PSUBS-MAILIST] MBT valve

Alec Smyth alecsmyth at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 12:48:08 EST 2013

One more thing... I'm not sure how easy it would be to get a really
accurate seal if you make the body from PVC. I always find plastics
challenging when it comes to machining tolerances. For surfacing the sub a
tiny valve leak is no problem, in fact you wouldn't even notice it. But a
tiny leak is a nuisance, because the sub will have a tendency to dive
herself in slow motion when you leave her at the dock for a few hours, when
she's under tow, etc.

:)

Alec