[PSUBS-MAILIST] Speaking of MBT valve

Land N Sea landnsea1 at hawaiiantel.net
Sun Nov 24 13:26:31 EST 2013

That is also my understanding.

Rick

From: hank pronk
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2013 2:47 PM
To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Speaking of MBT valve

Jon,
I think a first stage regulator is 140psi above ambient, if the regulator is in the water it will always be 140 over ambient.
Hank

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:31:23 PM, Jon Wallace <jonw at psubs.org> wrote:

A 600psi valve should be fine on the 350 as long as you keep any static pressure for the fill side a safety margin below, perhaps no higher than 350psi.  A first stage on your hp tank indicates a flowing pressure of 150psi or there abouts (the first stage standard).  The bigger issue you have to deal with using a typical first stage is that the air pressure is close to equalizing the pressure at 337 feet.  If you push the vessel to it's limit you could end up in a situation whereby you can't blow ballast because the outside pressure equals or is greater to that being put out by the first stage.