[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. Submersible Classification

Joe Perkel josephperkel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 23:31:24 EST 2013

I just ran that 100k figure through a reverse inflation calculator for a total of $321,688 in today's dollars!

Now, taking a lesson from the experimental aircraft community, non-certified subs can be as equally sound as certified at the hands of the fastidious.

However, the caveat here is in insurability and regulated commercial operations in both disciplines.

It would seem to me then that certification in the absence of the above two requirements amounts to piece of mind with an opportunity cost in real dollars.

Joe