[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. Submersible Classification

Douglas Suhr spiritofcalypso at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 23:34:27 EST 2013

I have a question. Assuming I am building a single (as in, quantity: 1)
submersible that I don't plan to sell or give to anyone else, what is the
big advantage/motivation to having my sub classed by any of these
organizations (excluding the prestige)? That's a lot of money to throw at a
certificate or whatever (that could be used to build a submarine!).

If you plan to carry passengers for hire and need insurance, or are trying
to procure commercial work of any sort, I understand completly. But for the
average joe submersible builder, what's the big draw? ~ Douglas S.