[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. Submersible Classification

James Frankland jamesf at guernseysubmarine.com
Thu Nov 28 04:49:38 EST 2013

Hi All,

i enquired about insurance for my boat as i thought it was a requirement to
have insurance in order to use the boat in the harbour.

Anyway, i did get a quote for insurance for hull only, £2250 a year.  This
was for hull only.  ie if it sunk, got crushed, lost, stolen etc, i could
claim (if i was still alive).  Expensive, but not unbearable.  They would
not insure an uncertified boat for liability.
Also, ive already had a request for a commercial job.  Inspecting something
in the local resovoir.  i explained to them that i was not insured and they
just said it was ok and they would sign a disclaimer similar sounding to
Carstens.  Supposed to be doing that next summer.  Should be interesting.

Regards
James