[PSUBS-MAILIST] Stability & Buoyancy

Jon Wallace jonw at psubs.org
Fri Nov 29 22:09:29 EST 2013

I'm somewhat a novice with CG and CB but it does occur to me that the
illustration in the document shows a circumferential ballast tank which
from the perspective of CB must be the worst type to employ.  The K-350
design with both drop weight and battery compartments well below the
ballast tanks provide an extremely low CG with CB well above it at all
times.