[PSUBS-MAILIST] Stability & Buoyancy

Marc de Piolenc piolenc at archivale.com
Sat Nov 30 20:56:59 EST 2013

Modern subs tend to have the trim and compensation tanks inside the
pressure hull, but the MBTs are fore and aft, outside the pressure hull.
Sometimes there is also ambient tankage amidships between the more or
less cylindrical pressure hull and the hydrodynamically-shaped outer casing.

Marc

--
Archivale catalog: http://www.archivale.com/catalog
Polymath weblog: http://www.archivale.com/weblog