[PSUBS-MAILIST] T-Rex Thrusters & Cooling

swaters swaters at waters-ks.com
Thu Oct 10 12:52:49 EDT 2013

Joe,
How much does one of those tecnadyne motors cost?
Thanks,
Scott Waters

Sent from my U.S. Cellular© SmartphoneJoe Perkel <josephperkel at yahoo.com> wrote:Vance,

I recognized immediately that very "off-the-shelf" utility. Still, it's an area of unfamiliarity so that's why the wary eye on seemingly innocuous details like that air gap. With that in mind and an interest in exploiting advantages of any potential modern improvements, the question then becomes,..What are the big dogs doing to get into those tall weeds?

http://www.tecnadyne.com/cms/index.php/products/products-overview/thruster

In looking at the tech specs for this product line the first question to come to my mind is why the stupendous range of voltages? (up to 330 vdc).

The next several observations of interest then being:

The use of high rpm low inertia motors coupled to high ratio planetary reduction drives
The use of 6061 T6 AL housings
The exclusive use of magnetic couplings
The option to oil compensate the same dry units used in shallower depths
The use of beautifully designed and fabricated Kort nozzles

So in my letter to Santa for the stocking stuffer, ...this one @ 48 vdc,....
http://www.tecnadyne.com/cms/images/products/pdf/Model%202020%20Brochure.pdf

The question then becomes, what can a home builder using off the shelf components and T-Rex fabrication techniques realistically hope to take from the big dogs?

Joe

Thanks for the detailed response which I've saved accordingly.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPad