[PSUBS-MAILIST] anyone heard this story?

JimToddPsub at aol.com JimToddPsub at aol.com
Fri Oct 11 16:57:12 EDT 2013

Scott,
We had a thread on it a couple of months or so ago.  When I first read
about it, it scared the heck out of me.  Then I read that the float  that
supports his snorkel has enough buoyancy (on purpose) that his sub  can't pull it
under and thereby limits his depth. Since his air supply is from  the
surface instead of being on board, I would assume the fan-driven ventilation
loop therefore exhausts his exhaled air.  Frankly it still seems a bit  scary,
just not as much as at first.  One of the articles make a passing  reference
to it having several safety systems, and I think his dad is an  engineer,
so hopefully none of the future articles will be in the obit  section.
Jim

In a message dated 10/11/2013 3:39:42 P.M. Central Daylight Time,