[PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive report - Pickles Reef

Jon Wallace jon.wallace at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 11:26:47 EDT 2013

Just returned home from the keys and want to thank everyone that made the convention a success.  Shout-outs for Scott Waters whom did the bulk of the event planning, Suhr family for their terrific support, and Alec Smyth / Cliff Redus for making the long trek with their subs.  I have received multiple "thank-you" notes from Plantation Keys School whom are very grateful for our sharing the submarines with their students.

The comradery resulting from meeting and socializing in person cannot be overstated, and I join the others whom have recommended attending a future convention if you are able to.  It fills the gap left by the impersonal internet tools we usually use for communicating and solidifies friendships made online.  The visual memories of SNOOPY diving in the blue waters off the coast of Islamorada and a crowd of people enjoying each others company while sharing a meal at an open-air restaurant and talking "subs" will satisfy me until the next convention.

Thanks to all my psubber friends for a great time.

Jon