[PSUBS-MAILIST] Emergency Buoy

Alan alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 13:29:28 EDT 2013

I don't think Alec will mind me mentioning this.
 After Alec & Steve's epic dive, which preceded with them being towed for hours in Snoopy;
It was discovered that the cord on the emergency release buoy was tangled & wouldn't have
been  operational if they had wanted to deploy it.
It was probably all the wave motion through towing, hitting the drum & causing it to spool
& birds nest.
They dived without opening the hatch, so weren't aware of the problem.
I am not sure of the release mechanism that Alec uses, but this is another thing that needs
to be thought about in design & operation.