[PSUBS-MAILIST] DC Systems Primer

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 16 17:32:21 EDT 2013

Hi Joe,
If you build a Nekton style sub, you can just cruise out to the  wreck with no tender.  I will be searching for lost gold in the spring with Gamma at 400 feet.  I have to cross about a mile of lake to get to the search area.  I plan to do that at depth.    This style of sub has a great range due to the shape.  The sub has only 2hp with a kurtis controller,  so simple and it cruises at 3.5 knots at 70 amps.  I do love your Alvin jr though.   I also am a huge fan of the K style thruster, indestructible heavy wound motor.
Hank