[PSUBS-MAILIST] Successful Convention!

Douglas Suhr spiritofcalypso at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 17:10:56 EDT 2013

Greetings All, Douglas Suhr here. I have been out of the loop the last
couple of weeks catching up on a ton of stuff that I missed while out of
town at the convention and I'm just now catching up on emails, etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who participated
in making this most recent convention the awesome and successful experience
that it was, especially for dad and me!

I'm glad that my family was able to help facilitate some of the submersible
operations, but it definitely took more than just us to make the convention
what it was.

The Florida Keys make an awesome dive locale, but just getting down there
can be quite a feat, especially with a vessel in tow, so thank you Alec
(and Alan), Cliff (and Rick) for your willingness to make the journey with
so much "extra baggage!" To the support divers, Scott, Katy, Dave and Wy,
your efforts were certainly appreciated just as much as those who brought
their subs for your (enthusiastic) willingness to jump into the water at a
moments notice. And to everyone else, thank you so much. The technical
presentations were an excellent opportunity to learn more about everyone's
projects as well as submersibles (and trailers!) in general.

Try as you might, I honestly doubt you could find one person who would say
they learned nothing at this year's convention. I think this convention
proved to be a success in every sense of the word. Dad and I learned so
much from chatting with all you builders, thinkers, tinkerers, and
dreamers, It definitely provided us with much needed inspiration to
continue with our own project! Thanks again to all you folks, your efforts
made the convention well worth attending. ~ Douglas S.