[PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure test

Alec Smyth alecsmyth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 08:52:33 EDT 2013

Hi Hank,

I asked at Carderock over a decade ago and was told the cost would depend
on setup time, which varies depending on how much instrumentation you want
during the test, but that a typical figure was around $27K. Waaaay beyond
my budget. Dale Heinzing tested Snoopy somewhere on the West side of Canada
at a lumber yard. Snoopy went in the tank alongside the lumber and must
have been pretty well disinfected, but the scary bit was that they released
the pressure almost instantaneously, with a bang. That test was  to only
400' so not really sufficient for a Nekton, but it might still be of
interest since I think it's relatively close to you and probably was
inexpensive.

Best,

Alec