[PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure test

JimToddPsub at aol.com JimToddPsub at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 10:16:14 EDT 2013

Joe,
The cost of pressure testing has as much to do with  multi-point measuring
and analysis of distortion as it does with just  seeing if the vessel can
survive a given depth intact.  There is a depth  [above crush depth] at which
the vessel undergoes enough stress that one  cycle or repeated cycles can
compromise the vessel even though it might not  appear to have suffered.
Vance and others can speak a lot more to that  than I can.
Jim

In a message dated 10/23/2013 8:46:44 A.M. Central Daylight Time,