[PSUBS-MAILIST] OTS Issue

James Frankland jamesf at guernseysubmarine.com
Wed Oct 23 12:04:47 EDT 2013

Hi All,

Anyone got any thoughts on this.

My OTS surface station mounted inside the sub didnt work.  It didnt even
switch on.  I checked the Vout at the batteries (16x AAA inside the unit)
and it was good at 12V.

I suspect the problem is that i cut the transducer cable to pass it through
a sub conn bulkhead connector.  When you plus the transducer into the unit,
that is supposed to turn it on at the same time, but nothing.  Suspect no
signal from the transducer so unit not switching on.

You can see the rubbish effort i made of it here.  Im almost sure this is
the fault.

http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/Extended_files/Page22133.htm

Anyone got any ideas?  I need to get this fixed before the nest dive.

Thanks
James