[PSUBS-MAILIST] newbie with no background whatsoever

Matt Becker matthewbecker1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 12:48:51 EDT 2013

So building a submarine has always been one of my dreams.  I am a Physical Therapist and not an engineer so there is a lot that I need to learn and I am perfectly willing to put in my time.  My goal is to start with a ROV and go from there.  Can anyone give me an idea of a place to start?  I have background in physics, chem, some engine work, and welding.  I am starting to learn electronics and thinking of using arduino or rasperry Pi as the circuit board to start.  I am looking for some guidance on where to start.  What should I focus most of my efforts on?  Are there any books that you can recommend to get me going in the right direction.  I have come to find that there are some resources but not a lot. So any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Matt