[PSUBS-MAILIST] OTS Issue

James Frankland jamesf at guernseysubmarine.com
Fri Oct 25 08:20:26 EDT 2013

Hi Alec,

Ok, at least i wasnt being a noddy.

So, this is what i did.

Plugged the batteries in and checked 12V at the output.  All ok.

At the back of the transducer socket, there are 3 wires coming out.  2 go
into 1 plug on the pcb and 1 goes into a seperate plug.  Lets call them A\B
for the pair and C for the single.

I could just get my meter on the exposed wires to check voltage.

WITHOUT the transducer plugged in, I was getting 12v accross A\B to C and
also continuity the same.

WITH the transducer plugged in i got nothing.  No voltage at all and no
continuity between A\B and C.

Next I manually connected pins 1 to 3 together in all configurations.
Nothing came on.

I have a horrible feeling its broken.

Next I am going to take the whole unit to my local tech dive shop.  The guy
has lots of OTS kit and will have a transducer thats not been hacked for me
top try.

regards
James